Here’s another YUMMY fall dessert! I originally found this in one of those super little recipe magazines, but when I couldn’t locate it recently, I went to RecipeZaar, and there it was!
Glazed Harvest Apple Cake
3 Cups finely chopped peeled apples
1 box yellow cake mix
1 (3 1/2 oz) box instant vanilla pudding
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 C oil
1/2 C water
1 1/4 C firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 C butter, cut into chunks
1/4 C apple juice
1. Heat oven to 350*.
2. Grease and flour 12 cup bundt pan.
3. In large bowl, combine all cake ingredients; beat at low speed until moistened. Beat 2 minutes at high speed.
4. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 40-55 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
5. Cool in pan 15 minutes. While cake is cooling, combine all glaze ingredients in med. saucepan.
6. Cook over med-high heat until mixture starts to boil, stirring occasionally. Boil 1 minute.
7. Reserve 1/4 cup glaze, keep warm. With cake still in pan, pour remaining glaze over warm cake, between cake and edges of pan so glaze runs down sides of cake. Let stand 15 minutes.
8. Invert onto serving plate and remove pan. Slowly pour reserved 1/4 C of glaze over top of cake. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
9. Serve warm or cool. May be served with whipped cream or cinnamon flavored ice cream.
Enjoy! This is another that is quickly becoming a favorite around here.