How about, "This guy is getting boring." "He's not very 'intensive'". :-) :-) :-D
We like to hear things like that! UPDATE: Wow, I don't even have this posted yet, and one of the nurses just came in and told me that we will be moving to a new room, in the step-down unit. :-O **Thank you, Jesus!**
Jethro did not tolerate milk very well. :-( I told the Dr. it's because it had been frozen. Who wants frozen food, when you could have fresh!?!? ;-) His little gut just has not had to work and digest anything, so they switched him back to Pedialyte, and now he has progressed to 1/2 strength pre-digested (can you say, YUCK??) formula. They will slowly get him to full strength, and then hopefully his gut will be developed enough that we can move on to Mama milk. They are however, going to bring in the speech therapy folks and start working with him on eating. This is all so exciting!!
It all means that we are moving towards home!
Oh, and what else sounds like a sweet melody? Try, "The clot is getting smaller and is about 1/2 the size it was!" PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW!!
So, we have lots of praises today.
We also have a few prayer requests:
- One of Will's closest friends was killed in a car wreck yesterday morning. Please pray for Alex's family as they grieve the loss of their son/brother. Pray also for Will and his other friends. This is a pretty close-knit group of young people and they are deeply feeling the loss.
- Ezra was sick all last week, and now Kathleen is sick. Not realizing she was about to be ill, we brought her to town to spend the night with us. So, she was around Jethro, and me. Please pray for Kathleen to get better, but also that Jethro and I escape being ill ~ Jethro especially.
- For Jethro to tolerate his feeds well.
- That Jethro would be able to eat orally, and that he would pick up on it quickly.
- For the clot to continue to dissolve and get smaller.
- We are also on the hunt for a rental, and waiting to hear from the insurance what they think should happen with the house. Please pray for the provision of a temporary home, and direction in what to do building-wise for our permanent home.