Tuesday, July 20, 2010


The viral screen came back negative, but they decided not to take any chances. So, the heart cath and Glenn have been postponed for at least a couple of weeks. So, they discharged him today and we are home.

While I don't "look forward" to surgeries, the fact is that he needs them. And we were prepared and ready for this, so it is a bit of a let-down that it's not happening. However, it will give him a couple more weeks to get better established with his oral feeds ~ which will hopefully mean that getting intubated won't be as much of a setback.

And, I know that God is in control of all of this. If this week was the best time for his surgery, then I know we would still be in the hospital awaiting Thursday. But we are not. For whatever reason, God has a better time for Jethro to have the Glenn. So, we will wait for His timing.


  1. Thanks for the update. I'm still praying daily for Jethro and the family.

  2. Will continue to prayer for Jethro and your family. I know first hand how hard it is to remember that our lives are in God's hands, but when I reminded myself it was a peaceful feeling to let go....and let God!