Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Hopefully an Eventful Week

Jethro and I are at the hospital. He was admitted yesterday. Today is supposed to be a heart cath procedure, and Thursday is to be the Glenn. Which I have been calling open heart surgery, but technically it's not. He will be put on the heart/lung bypass, but they do not stop the heart for this procedure.

Anyway, Jethro has decided this is a good week to get his first snotty nose. This could pose a problem for the procedures scheduled this week. They do not want to open him up with a nasty viral infection going on. They have taken a viral panel, and we are waiting on the results. Then, Dr. Carl will make a decision on whether or not to proceed.

Please be praying that whatever is going on...cold, or allergies...that it will not delay the plans for this week. Jethro is getting big enough that his oxygen sats are a continual struggle. He really needs to have the Glenn done.

I do have a praise! Since our last feeding and growth appointment, Jethro has decided he likes taking a bottle. Day before yesterday he took 78mL of milk and yesterday, he took 85mL! That is right around 3 ounces. It may not seem like much, but for a baby who has never been orally fed, it's huge! And, just last week, I couldn't hardly even get him to latch onto the bottle nipple. I am so excited and thankful...it looks like we could be on our way to Jethro taking his nutrition orally. Thank you, Lord!

2 comments:

  1. What a great praise! I am so glad to hear Jethro is taking kindly to a bottle now. God is good!

    I'll be keeping him in my prayers this week, as always, and looking for updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a wonderful witness to God's goodness. Thank you for keeping us updated on Jethro's progress I will keep him in my prayers. Denise

    ReplyDelete