- 1 IN 100 BABIES WILL BE BORN WITH A CHD THIS YEAR!
- Congenital Heart Defects are the #1 birth defect
- Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the United States each year as from all forms of childhood cancers combined, yet funding for pediatric cancer research is five times higher than funding for CHD
- The American Heart Association directs only $0.30 of every dollar donated toward research. The remainder goes toward administration, education and fundraising efforts. Of the $0.30 that goes toward research only $0.01 goes toward pediatric cardiology for CHD.
- This year approximately 4,000 babies will not live to see their first birthday because of Congenital Heart Defects.
- Of every dollar the government spends on medical funding only a fraction of a penny is directed toward Congenital Heart Defect research.