Friday, February 26, 2010

He Is Here!


Jethro Storms Dole
February 26, 2010
3pm
9lb 1oz, 22 inches long

Jethro did not do well on the bio-physical today, and so it was decided to induce. When we got to the hospital, and they hooked me up to the monitor, his heart rate did not fluctuate, except to decelerate during contractions. I was at a stretchy 4, so Dr. Meline said that he thought it was worth it to break my water, and see if that would put me into labor. He thought that if things went quickly enough that baby should do fine. They placed one IV, and then, because I was hoping to VBAC, they had to place a 2d line in case of emergency. The nurse couldn't get the IV placed, so they called anethesiology to come and put it in. He wanted to know how many sticks he got, I told him one and then he would have to deal with my husband, who is a football player. :-) While he was sticking me (he did get it in one), Jethro's heart-rate started to drop. They had me change position, but it didn't recover. (They didn't really tell me what was going on). Suddenly, the room was full of folks, and Dr.Meline was telling me that we were going to have to do a c-sec. They started prepping me in the L&D room, and then practically ran to the OR. I was put under general and Jethro was delivered. He crashed almost immediately, but they did get him stabilized.

He was born at 3pm. Two of my dearest friends came up and were here when I got into my room from recovery. Our pastor spent the day here with us, and Will came as quickly as he could (his boss drove over an hour to come and cover for him so that he could be here). Levi brought Logan and Si up this evening. I've only been up to the NICU once so far...it was so hard to sit next to him and not be able to hold him. I couldn't even stand up to give him a kiss. :'-( They have him on meds that paralize him and morphine. He has lines into his umbilical cord, and he's vented, but the tubes and wires are at a minimum.

Because I was out, I haven't talked to any of the drs., only a few nurses, so I don't really have much information at this point. These first two days are critical, and then it'll be time to start making decisions.
I would appreciate prayers for a good recovery. Last time, it took quite a long time to recover, but today, I didn't labor or push, and, praise the Lord, I didn't hemorrage, so hopefully, I'll have a better recovery as well.


8 comments:

  1. Hi, Tracy,
    He is gorgeous! Absolutely beautiful, and I am praying for you both. I will forward your link to our Parents Heart to Heart group.
    I have to tell you, my son, Seth was born on a Friday at 3:45 pm and was the exact same weight and height as Jethro. These 2 boys have a lot in common!
    Anxiously waiting for news, but completely understand if it takes a while!

    In His Love,
    Kimberly Ehlers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our prayers are with you for a fast recover and return home for all of you, even daddy. He is a beautiful baby and a sweet child of God.

    Rev. Dr. Bette Klein, Prayer warrior

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you and for Jethro Tracy! May the Lord be with you both.

    Lots of love,
    Sommer

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful baby, I'm so glad he's here! We're still praying for all of you and especially your sweet little man.
    Mrs. G

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Tracy, So thankful to hear Jethro is delivered and you are doing well. He is just beautiful and so big, you cared for him so well during pregnancy!! Continued prayers here for you, Mike, the children and baby Jethro. ~Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  6. You all (and especially Jethro) are in my prayers! Our loving Father sees what we need, and mercifully provides for us. I'm praying for your strength through this and for Jethro's healing. annie fischer

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just saw the post on the S&S forum and wanted you to know I am thinking of you and praying for you and Jethro. These precious little ones are dear to God, because they are His from the start. May the Lord continue to hold you both in His gracious hands.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm praying for you all. Jethro is a beautiful baby.

    ReplyDelete