Friday, February 19, 2010

Middle of the Night Madness...

Hmmmm. It's 2 am, and I'm up. I wish this meant that I am in labor, but I just don't know. With the exception of yesterday (when I actually slept until almost 10! :-O), I have been awake at about 3 am every morning ~ for at least a couple of hours. I normally have this "sureness" about being in labor, but dealing with dr.s and this being my first VBAC, I'm just unsure about my body this time around. :-/

I've been praying that God would just give me a "knowing", and I was thinking I had it when I woke up, but I was drifting in and out of sleep, so I don't know if I dreamed it, or it is real. So, I decided to get up for a while, to see if I can figure it out.

I am having contractions, but I don't know if they've got that "bite" of labor contractions yet. This baby has been laying on the diagonal at least since Tuesday. He'll go head-down and into my pelvis, and then he backs out and goes diagonal again. It's getting very frustrating. Wednesday, I went to my chiropractor to get my hips adjusted, thinking if they are out, it just may be uncomfortable for him to be settled down. But yesterday, he was pulled back out again. :-/ I did have the u/s tech check on his cord, to make sure that wasn't an issue, and it's not. So, I guess he's just showing us all that he's already got a mind of his own! :-)

If I'm not in labor, I have a perinatologist appt this morning, and I'll try to remember to update when I get home. Other than positioning, he's looking good, scoring high on the bio-physical profile each time, so that is reassuring. If I am laboring, I'm not sure when I'll be able to update. My laptop is back up and running, but my power cord is dead ~ hopefully the one I ordered will be here this afternoon or tomorrow, but that is dependent on the post office.

Tomorrow is "D" day, so it could be anytime. Prayers for his positioning and a good delivery ~ particularly that Jethro will tolerate labor well are appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. Mrs. Dole, I had those same positioning issues with my last (my 9th) he wouldn't even stay in position during labor. My friend who had her 11th had the same issues and eventually opted to have a section. We both had twins so we wondered if the extra stretched outness (is that a word?) contributed to this. Still praying anyway!
    Mrs. G

    ReplyDelete