Sunday, September 20, 2009

An eventful Friday

This is going to be a little more than a football update. :-) Friday didn't quite go as planned ~ well, as *I* had planned ~ but, I know it went how God had it planned.

SLY had planned a 5th Qtr party for after the game. I had said that I would help supply finger foods, so while trying to get the girls through their school work, I was baking cupcakes. After I got them decorated, I figured I would fry some chicken for dinner and maybe bake some cookies as well. That was early afternoon.

Along about 2:30, my belly started to hurt. It felt like one long, continuous contraction that would not let up, intermingled with sharper pains. I tried lying down, but it didn't relieve the pain at all. Mike was farming, but I decided to try to get ahold of him. I got him, but he didn't have enough reception to actually communicate with him. I tried him a couple more times, but just got his voice mail. So, I called my midwife to see what she thought. She thought I should go in and have an ultrasound done to see what was going on. I knew that I was in too much pain to drive myself anywhere and none of my other drivers were home. So, I began to pray that God would give Mike reception. I don't know how many times I called him, and didn't get him.

It was getting late enough that I decided maybe he would be at the football field for middle school practice. I called Garth and asked him if he was at the football field. No, but he would be shortly. So, I told him if his Dad was there, to have him call me immediately. Then, I decided to call Mike one more time. BINGO! I got him. I told him what was going on and that I needed him at home. He was here within minutes. We loaded up kids and headed for Coeur d' Alene ~ dropping kids off with my Mom.

As usual, our trip to the hospital did not produce any answers as to what was going on. By the time we got there, I was feeling much better. Still hurting, but I think it was residual pain from the "contraction" ~ it had lasted for over an hour. They did do an ultrasound ~ very educational! Our ultrasound tech is also a teacher so it was the most informative ultrasound I have ever had ~ and I've had a few! :-) They decided that I have an infection but they couldn't (or wouldn't) tell me if that was what caused all the pain. My midwife said, "Yes. And infection will do that." I've had that confirmed by some other moms, so I am confident that that was the problem. It would be nice however, if drs. at hospitals would give you something in the way of an answer! I find it highly frustrating that they expect you to pay them the kind of money they want, and yet they won't even venture a guess as to what is wrong. :-/ We did come away with peace of mind, because with the ultrasound, we know that everything looks good with baby and placenta, and I'm right on with my dates.

We missed the first quarter of the game (VERY disappointing! Garth was getting to start on both offense and defense), and I didn't have the camera because of having to leave home like we did. I was very bummed about not getting any pictures. The game did not go as well as hoped for. The way our league is currently set up, the only team in the league we have to beat is Wallace. Well, we lost to them. The boys played a good game, they were And it cost them the game. One of the boys on the team got his arm broke, so that was a bummer too. Final score was 22-18 Wallace. I don't even know what my boys' stats were ~ how sad is that?

So. We didn't get any football pictures Friday. BUT we did get a picture of our little Valentine. Here she is:

This is a head-on picture of her face. You can see her eyes and nose and mouth, and down toward the right hand bottom is her little hand. It's not the 3D pictures I was hoping for, but we'll take it. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment