Sunday, June 13, 2010

He Never Lets Go

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I'm caught in the middle of the storms of this life
I won't turn back
I know You are near


And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?


(Chorus)
Oh no, You never let go through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me


And I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
We'll live to know You here on the earth


(Chorus)


Yes, I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
Still I will praise You, still I will praise You


(Chorus 2x)
You never Let Go by Beth and Matt Redman

We sang this song in church this morning ~ I sang it through tears. Tears of thankfulness. I am *so* very thankful that I am walking this journey with Jethro as a child of God. We are walking through the valley of the shadow of death, and yet, I can, I will praise Him who leads us.

Jethro's heart is in God's hands. He has a heart defect, but it is not 'defective', it is just as God created it to be. God formed Jethro's heart just as carefully as He formed yours or mine, He just formed it different from "normal". God designed Jethro's little heart to glorify Him and it has, it does. I am continually in awe of God's creation when I think about Jethro and his heart. God's design is perfect, and when it's not, He has blessed us with the knowledge and technology to be able to bypass it and make it work anyway. It is a beautiful thing.

I get to see up close and personal how God sustains my son's life. How He guides the surgeon's hands, how He gives wisdom and insight to Jethro's cardiologists, how He gives compassion and grace to the nurses that care for Him, how He gently carries us and calms us and enables us to trust in Him and not worry or fear.

I will fear no evil 
For my God is with me

This is the God of the universe ~ creator of Heaven and Earth. This is Jehovah God, all powerful, all knowing, ever present ~ sovereign. And He has chosen me. He has placed my feet upon a hard and narrow path, but He is gently leading me and when I cannot walk, He picks me up and carries me.

And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
Still I will praise You, still I will praise You

I lift my hands, I lift my heart, I lift my voice all in praise of Jehovah God, my Daddy who deserves the highest praise. I give all thanks to Him.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your faith with us here in blogland. This is yet another way that God is using Jethro to remind us that we all belong to Him. I can vividly recall when I almost lost my husband, it was then that I totally let go and said it's in Your hands. My husband is a miracle, he was not expected to live but God had other plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, what a beautiful post!
    Paris

    ReplyDelete