Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day 5 Recovery

It's late, so I will make this short. Jethro is doing well. The central line is out...however, where it was is red and ugly. It looks as though he has developed a yeast infection at the site. He is still receiving some IV meds, so he has a peripheral line in his scalp, but this evening it's beginning to look like it may not be long before it's no good. Have I mentioned that Jethro is hard on equipment? :-)

He is much more himself today. Lots of smiles, he talked to just about everyone that came into his room, he found his feet again and began playing with them. He even took 30mL of formula orally.

Tonight he's thrown up a couple of times, not necessarily a lot of volume, but it's chunky and funny colored. (Sorry if that's TMI!) So, now we're trying to figure out what he's doing. For some reason, this child can't do anything easy or normal. I'm sure that's a quality God can really do something spectacular with, but right now, I don't know what it would be. ;-)

Anyway, if he doesn't do something that would be a setback, I think within the next few days we'll be outta here. Not that I'm holding my breath.

2 comments:

  1. I will continue to pray for an uneventful, continued recovery and hopefully he will be back home. God Bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still praying for you and for Jethro! And yes, I'm sure God will do something spectacular with him - you're right!

    Grace,
    Mae (from PW's)

    ReplyDelete