Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day 7 Recovery (Updated)

Jethro has been throwing up some "sludge". It's icky and thick and doesn't look like anything good. No one has ever seen anything like it. This morning they decided that they will do an upper GI, and we'll go from there. I will probably just add an update to this post later today after we have an answer...or not. :-)

Anyway, because they don't know what's going on, we are here for at least another day. The danger is that what he is throwing up is so thick if he were to aspirate it, it could really be a serious problem.

Prayers for wisdom for the Dr.s and some answers to what is going on would be greatly appreciated.
So, Jethro had an upper GI which went really well. However, they didn't give him any Barium stuff orally, because apparently the order wasn't specifically written that way, and since he has a G-tube, they just put the barium through it.

He had gone a little over 24 hours without puking...which was good. So, he was getting fussy and I sat with him and gave him a bottle. He drank about 50mL (not quite 2oz), and threw it all up, along with more of the solid icky stuff. Which means that he will have another upper GI (this time looking at the esophagus), and a GI consult tomorrow.

Right now, the earliest we are looking at being discharged would be Friday. Other than that, he had a pretty good day. He didn't get a lot of sleep last night, so the goal today was to leave him be as much as possible and let him rest ~ he's getting to the point of exhaustion where every little thing sets him off, and he just fights going to sleep. :-( Poor little punky needs to be home...Mama needs to know he's ready to be home.

1 comment:

  1. I will continue to pray, my prayer that the doctors figure out what is going on and he stay complication free so he can go home with his mama:0)