Friday, July 29, 2011

WIFD day 6

Today was a laid back day at home. I worked on laundry a bit...I'm getting to the point in this pregnancy where I can't do a lot at once. Sore hips and pelvis and a good sized baby equaling a sore back...I do a bit and I sit. I do a bit and I sit. Very frustrating. Thankfully, I have an understanding husband, and he encourages me to do what I can, and he helps with the rest.

My outfit today was a beautiful brown and turquoise Liz Lange Maternity top that I just bought off eBay. It's not particularly modest, so I wore a brown Old Navy tank top under it. My denim skirt is a Faded Glory skirt that I modified for maternity wear. Just as a side note, I've had a terrible time finding denim skirts this pregnancy! Of course, I lost almost all my maternity clothes in the fire. Most of the new denim maternity skirts I find are mini skirts...and I'm just not interested in those. Even on eBay most used denim maternity skirts that are long enough to be modest go for $30 or more by the time you pay shipping. And on principle, I'm just not going to pay that much for a used skirt. You would think though, that clothing manufacturers would pay attention to the used clothing market, and pay attention to what is selling well there.

The length of the skirt is shorter, although below knee length. It's just a nice, summer length denim skirt.
Just for fun, here is a picture of our calf, Eliza. She is fascinated by fire!

Here's a better shot of the front of my top. It's very flowy and feminine looking. The neclace is thrifted, and although you can't really see my cute teapot earrings, they are from an etsy shop.

1 comment:

  1. This is a super cute outfit! I love the top; the colors are so pretty and the style so lovely and feminine. I agree; it is SO hard to find nice, affordable maternity clothing. I love the outfits you have been posting. I'm bookmarking these for inspiration when I am again pregnant, Lord willing.

    ReplyDelete