Monday, November 22, 2010

22 Things...

I'm not very good at keeping up with this, am I? I must admit, I consider myself a pretty thankful person, but I am finding this a bit of a challenge as well! However, I do believe it is an excellent excercise ~ and definitely should be a daily habit in our lives. That makes it sound more "chore-ish" but that is not how I mean it. It should be a joy to us to look around and see how God is blessing our lives, but it is a "sacrifice" of praise, which tells me that it isn't always easy.

That being said, here is my list of things to be thankful for today:
  1. A young friend with cancer was able to come home over the weekend!
  2. I had a quiet day at home yesterday (Sunday's are usually busy, busy!).
  3. Snow is falling.
  4. My house is closed in! So thankful we don't have open walls or windows to let the snow in while folks are working.
  5. Plentiful magazines for inspiration as we decide on interior details for our home.
  6. That we live where there is plentiful natural materials to incorporate into our home.
  7. Snow days! Even homeschoolers get those. ;-)
  8. A fussy baby...okay, I'm not thankful he's fussy, but I am thankful that he's here to fuss!
  9. Older children that are helpful.
  10. The love the older children have for Jethro.
  11. The computer. Our phone has been out all weekend, and so my "connection" to the outside world has been my computer. It's also been a God-send in helping me to price out values on our belongings.
  12. Tea! I know I have given thanks for tea already, but honestly, everyday I am thankful for tea. There is something soothing, romantic, and nurturing about a good cup of tea.
  13. Medicines. I am pretty anti-med. However, I am extremely thankful for the medicines that have helped Jethro's heart to function in a way that keeps him going. Some of them have been extremely potent, scary side-effect kinds of meds, but his Dr.s have been very consciencious in how they are used with him. I am thankful that we live in a time and country where these things are available when needed.
  14. Dr. Burg. She is the first cardiologist we met on this journey. She is also the one that insisted that Jethro be monitored by the neonatalagist, when the OB and the Neo decided he didn't need to be. She saved his life by insisting on it.
  15. Karen ~ the wonderful US tech that did the majority of our biophysical profiles. Her alert eye and concern, probably saved Jethro's life as well.
  16. Dr. Worrall. This is the skilled surgeon that has been used of God to save Jethro's life as well.
  17. The gathering of the saints. I am so very thankful for the fellowship of folks who love the Lord with all their heart and encourage me in my walk.
  18. My children who are so loving and forgiving. I can be so cranky sometimes, and they will turn around and love me and tell me I'm the best mom ever. May God forgive me my many, many shortcomings as a Mama and make me the Mama they need and deserve.
  19. Flannel nightgowns ~ is there anything better to settle into a long winter's sleep in?
  20. My king-size bed. I've been wanting one for years, but we couldn't fit it into our bedroom. Now I finally have one, and there is room for Mike and I and at least 2 children! I love it!
  21. Jethro has outgrown the need for his sleeping wedge!
  22. Joy in every circumstance.

No comments:

Post a Comment